Huntley Area Public Library District
Meeting Agenda – Friday, December 21, 2018
Call Meeting to Order
Secretary’s Report – Marge Smith
Approve November minutes
Treasurer’s Report – Sandy Cooper & Diane Benson
Annual Plea/Giving Tuesday Update – $3,800, still receiving donations
Holiday Baskets – Thank you to the Holiday Basket Committee; have raised $3,700 (as of Wednesday afternoon); winners will be drawn at the end of the meeting.
December Book Sale & Very Merry Huntley: Book Sale raised just over $1,000; basket ticket sales were $800 during the open house
January General Meeting – January 18th; Program – Thom Palmer, Huntley Park District
Library Lovers Fundraising Plan
Building Program – What you can do to help!
Host a Coffee or Tea at your house
Please contact Leigh Ann Porsch at 847-669-5386 ext. 235. The library welcomes the opportunity to visit with your friends and neighbors to answer questions and gather your feedback.
Citizens Committee for the Huntley Library Expansion – watch for a date
Sign-up on the sheet and you’ll be contacted when the first meeting is set.
Huntley Business Expo – Friends will have a booth to promote the building project and April 2 vote
Additional comments or discussion
A. *Move to adjourn
Important Dates to Remember
- Board of Directors Meeting – January 4, 10:00 a.m., G Hochwarter’s Home
- Library Board Meeting – Public Welcome – January 16, 5:30 p.m. Library Meeting Room
- Friends General Meeting, January 18th, 11:00 a.m., Library Program Room
- Library Lovers Book Sale – February 2nd and 3rd
- Huntley Business Expo – Saturday, March 2