HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
General Meeting July 15, 2022
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in Program Room 1
Attendance: Connie Corwin, Carol David, Nancy Hardy, Genevieve Hochwarter, Michele May, Shirley Nowak, Sharon Peacock, Janis Ruffino, Judy Schrader, Marge Smith, Penny Thoma, Staff: Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Programming and Outreach; Rob Aavang, Librarian
At 11:02, Pamela called the meeting to order and introduced the program.
“Library Game Show” by Rob Aavang
Carol David moved that the April minutes be accepted, Connie Corwin seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
The treasurer’s report showed a balance of $36,019.90. Janis Ruffino moved the statement be accepted, Penny Thoma seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
- Breakfast fundraiser: The program was well received. The presenter, Sarah Sullivan, will be back in 2023.
- Evening Meeting: There was a nice turnout for the Agatha Christie presentation.
- July Book Sale: The income was $970.00. Corner Books continues to bring in about $1000.00 a month.
- Minilinks@thelibrary: Friday, July 29, 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.; Volunteers needed – see sign up sheet
- Fall Fest Book Sale: September 23, 24, 25
- Culver’s Fundraising Night: Monday, October 10, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Holiday Baskets Committee: Friday, September 2, 11:00 a.m. at the library
- August Meeting Cancelled
- September 16, 11:00 a.m., Program Room 2: Program by Local History Associate, Nancy Bacheller, “Charles Huntley”
- October 21, 11:30 a.m.: Annual Luncheon at Boulder Ridge, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tickets: $35
- November 18, 11:00 a.m., Program: Turkey Trivia with prizes, Holiday Basket Preview, TWO free basket tickets for attending
- December 9, 11:00 a.m., Program: Christmas Markets of Prague and Germany and holiday basket drawing
Nominations for Board of Directors
A slate of 8 candidates was presented. There were no nominations from the floor. The 8 candidates were elected unanimously.