HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
General Meeting July 17, 2020
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met via ZOOM.
Those in attendance: Pat Cornwell, Carol David, Nancy Hardy, Karen Hutchins, Ron Mangold, Marsha Natkins, Shirley Nowak, Jackie Pollack, Jerry Reedy, Janis Ruffino, Marge Smith, Reta Stohs. Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Circulation and Outreach Services
Pamela welcomed everyone to the meeting at 11:05 a.m.
Secretary’s and Treasurer’s reports were tabled until a future meeting.
- A donation of $120,000 was received from EFS Foundation. They are disbanding and have shared their funds with nonprofits. In the past they have given the Library grants to fund summer reading. Culver’s gave the Friends a check of $533 for the March fundraiser that had to be cancelled.
- Corner Books are open.
- Current balance is $122,682.
So far, the March Culver’s event, all book sales, and the May Breakfast were cancelled.
Uncertain future events
- Book sales in the Library
- Fall Fest, September 25-27
- Culver’s Fundraiser, October 7
- Annual luncheon, National Friends of the Library Week
- Holiday Basket raffle
National Day of Giving
Donations will be encouraged as part of the National Day of Giving, December 1.
Pamela showed photos of the progress on the new addition. The roof is on, plumbing and electrical are being installed in the floor, and landscaping has started on areas away from construction. Offices were vacated where steel beams had to be added for connection to the addition. The lunchroom is unusable for the foreseeable future.
Starting, July 20 residents will be allowed to browse the collection, get help locating an item, copy or fax, get a library card, and check out books, movies, or music. Newspapers, seating, and computers will not be available yet. The Library will not collect fines anymore. Items more than 45 days late will be charged replacement price.
The August meeting has been cancelled.
The meeting closed at 11:40 a.m.