HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
July 18, 2014
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in the program room of the library on Friday, July 18, 2014. Those in attendance were:
- Diane Benson
- Ann Bradford
- Sandy Cooper
- Pat Cornwell
- Pat Darow
- Deanna Engelke
- Nancy Hardy
- Genevieve Hochwarter
- Stevie Massei
- Shirley Nowak
- Jackie Pollack
- Bert Stohs
- Reta Stohs
- Martha Schooley
- Marge Smith
- President, Genevieve Hochwarter, called the meeting to order at 11:00, welcoming all in attendance.
- The June Secretary’s report was read. Pat Cornwell moved that the minutes be accepted, Nancy Hardy seconded the motion. The minutes were accepted.
- Sandy Cooper gave the treasurer’s report which shows a balance of $14,653.58, as of June 30. The main sources of income were from the June Book Sale and Corner Book sales; expenses were for the ornaments for the 25th anniversary, postage, and a donation to the Library. Reta Stohs moved to accept the Treasurer’s report, Pat Cornwell seconded and the motion carried.
- The Library has asked for $12,000 for eBooks and $12,500 for programing. A grant for $5240 for the Summer Reading Program has already been given to the Library, toward the $12,500. Martha moved that the friends give the remaining funding to the Library by January 1, 2015. Shirley seconded. The motion was accepted.
- The August Book Sale will additionally be open Friday evening, August 1 during the Mini-Golf event. Reta commented on how sales of Corner Books have been gradually falling off, while Book Sales have remained stable. The Friends need to actively advertise all sales, especially the sale at Fall Fest, September 27-28. Many volunteers are needed for setting up and taking down the sale.
- It is hoped that having the Mini-Golf event in the summer will be more successful when it is not competing with Fall school and sport events.Everyone was invited to join the planning meeting at Kosta’s following the meeting.
- The first Holiday Basket Committee meeting will be at Genevieve’s following the Board Meeting (11:30). Anyone interested in joining the committee is welcome to come to the meeting. This year there is less room at the Library for baskets so there will only be 15 baskets. Things to be thought about: how to advertise? should we increase the value of the baskets? what “wow” factors?…
- Reta brought up that we need more volunteers for everything, more than were in attendance in the meeting. We need people with new ideas and enough volunteers so that it is not the same people working all of the events.
- Important dates:
- August 1, 6-7:30 p.m. Mini-Golf/Book Sale
- August 22, 11 a.m. Next General Meeting
- September 27-28 Fall Fest
- October 2, 6:30 p.m. Lecture fundraiser, Cosman Center Antinoupolis: The Cult City of Osir-Antinous
- November 6, 1 p.m. Afternoon Tea Fundraiser, Boulder Ridge, Downton Abbey Tea: Lecture about English Estates
- November 7 Library’s 25th Anniversary Event