HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
General Meeting September 18, 2020
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met via ZOOM.
Those in attendance: Pat Cornwell, Carol David, Nancy Hardy, Genevieve Hochwarter, Ron Mangold, Jackie Pollack, Janis Ruffino, Marge Smith, Pat Totman, Joan Longmire,and Elizabeth Freund. Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Circulation and Outreach Services
Pamela welcomed everyone to the meeting at 11:10 a.m.
- Current balance is $123,868.88.
- $120,000 was placed in a 7-month CD at Heartland Bank
- Janis Ruffino moved that the Friends be allowed to apply for 2 low limit credit cards from Heartland Bank. Nancy Hardy seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
What are we doing?
- ZOOM Board meetings
- Emails to Friends
- ZOOM General meetings—need ideas for future meetings
- At the September 8, Culvers 20st anniversary, the Friends earned 20% of the day’s profits, $1481.00.
- Corner Books
- There will be only 5 Holiday Baskets in this year’s raffle. They will be located on the shelf above Circulation. Patrons will be encouraged to mail-in or use credit card online to purchase tickets. A form is being created to order tickets.
- Cash Basket
- Lottery Tree Basket
- Grocery Gift Card Basket
- Nintendo Switch game Basket
- Stay at Home Activities Basket
- National Day of Giving, December 1, will be promoted through The Whole Story and mailings.
A drone video showed the progress of the new addition. Still photos showed the progress inside. In late February or March, the Library will be closed to move everything from the original building into the addition. The temporary entrance will be on the east.
Starting, September 20 the Library will be open on Sundays. Materials when they are returned to the Library are in quarantine for 7 days. Late fees are no longer being charged. However, accounts will be frozen if items are out over 30 days. Patrons will be billed for items over 45 days late, damaged, or lost. Those who do not wish to enter the Library can put items on hold. After being notified the items are in, a time for pickup can be scheduled.
Huntley History Coloring Book
The Friends were given a sneak preview of a coloring book created through a collaborative effort between The Village of Huntley Preservation Commission, The Huntley Historical Society and the Huntley Library Local History Department. The coloring book will be available in the Library.
Next meeting, October 16, 11:00 a.m.
The meeting closed at 11:40 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Marjorie Smith