HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
March 20, 2015
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in the Program Room of the Library on Friday, March 20, 2015. Those in attendance were:
Friends Liaison, Pamela Kampwerth
Director, Frank Novak
Vice-President, Janis Ruffino, called the meeting to order at 11:03, thanking Nancy and Pamela for the treats and welcoming newcomers. Everyone introduced themselves.
- A new 8 foot lighted stone sign is planned for the Ruth Road entrance. The Board of Trustees is looking at two lettering plans. Part of the old sign’s base and spotlights will be used.
- The Trustees also heard a presentation on a possible windbreak made of polycarbonate safety glass.
- On April 10 the Library staff will have an in-service and the library will be closed. Those setting up the Book Sale will be able to enter the building.
- There are plans to have informal Library surveys on the Library Website and Facebook asking what the community thinks of the services offered.
- Friday’s basketball tournament will be televised in the Library. A Huntley graduate will be playing.
The February minutes were reviewed. Karen Hutchings moved the minutes be accepted, Marilyn Graunke seconded, the motion carried.
Sandy Cooper gave the treasurer’s report which showed a balance as of February 28 of $7491.14. The majority of income was from various Book Sales. Reta Stohs moved the report be accepted, Diane Benson seconded. The motion carried.
The next Book Sale will not be held the first weekend in April. Volunteers need to be made aware of new dates, April 11 & 12, set-up April 10, take-down April 13.
February Library Lover’s Heart Sale
Purchased Hearts are displayed on the bulletin board behind the Information Desk and by the Children’s Department. The total income is close to $500.
The Culver’s fundraiser is Monday, March 23. More volunteer greeters are needed.
The Friends are registered for the Sunday, April 26 Human Race fundraiser at McHenry Community College. Everyone is encouraged to participate as they can by walking/running 5k or donating. The Friends Team name is Guardians of Knowledge.
The May fundraiser breakfast is Wednesday, May 13 at Boulder Ridge CC. Tickets are on sale now. The speaker, R.J. Lindsey, will impersonate Abraham Lincoln. Volunteers will be needed for sign-in, greeting, and collecting tickets.
The first committee meeting will be April 2 at Genevieve Hockwarter’s home following the Board meeting.
Everyone was encouraged to visit the new Friends’ website: wwwwww.huntleylibrary.org/friends
Pat Cornwell moved that the meeting adjourn, Connie Corwin seconded. The meeting adjourned at 11:35.