HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in the Program Room of the Library on Friday, April 17, 2015. Those in attendance were:
Friends Liaison, Pamela Kampwerth
Director, Frank Novak
Vice-President, Janis Ruffino, called the meeting to order at 11:10, welcoming newcomers. Everyone introduced themselves.
- On behalf of the staff, he thanked the Friends for the wonderful lunch on National Library Workers Day.
- The Friends have been represented at last two Library Board of Trustees’ Meetings. It is great for the Friends to have a presence at the meetings.
- The Board has not received the official canvassing document showing the final election results. When the new Board members are confirmed, Frank will meet with them to orient them to the Board’s operation.
- The plans for a new Library sign have been put on hold. Instead of a stone sign a LED sign might be a possibility.
- At the last Board meeting the Policy manual and By-Laws were reviewed.
- April 21st is the Director’s one year anniversary. The Board met with Frank after the Board Meeting in closed session for his annual review.
The March minutes were reviewed. Pat Cornwell moved the minutes be accepted, Connie Corwin seconded, the motion carried.
Sandy Cooper gave the treasurer’s report which showed a balance as of March 31 of $9,191.43. The majority of income was from Corner Book Sales and the only expense was for insurance. Shirley Nowak moved the report be accepted, Nancy Hardy seconded. The motion carried.
Reta Stohs reported that the April Book Sale was very successful, bringing in over $700. Another $125 will be received from recycling the remaining books. She thanked everyone who worked the sales.
The next sale will be June 6 & 7.
Three Friends went to Culver’s April 14th to receive the check for the last fundraiser, $281. Frank mentioned that Richard at Culver’s is excited about working with the Library and would like to do more. Our next fundraising night will be in September.
National Library Workers’ Day Celebration
The staff has expressed their appreciation for the lunch that the Friends provided on Library Workers’ Day.
At least 8 people have signed up to participate in the Human Race, April 26.
About 90 tickets have been sold for the Lincoln breakfast fundraiser.
The next committee meeting is June 4th, 11:30 a.m. at Genevieve Hockwarter’s home following the Board meeting. Hopefully, the girl’s golf team will be able to participate in the “Back to School Minilinks” August 14. A school bus will be available for touring, Kona Ice, and a drawing for school supplies, and a book sale will also be part of the evening. A lot of volunteers will be needed to make the evening successful.
May Board Elections
At next month’s meeting the nine board positions will be up for elections. Anyone interested in running should contact Genevieve Hockwarter or Pamela Kampwerth.
Janis thanked Bert and Reta for the treats. Judy Schrader moved that the meeting adjourn, Pat Cornwell seconded. The meeting adjourned at 11:35.