HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
General Meeting October 16, 2020
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met via ZOOM.
Those in attendance: Connie Corwin, Pat Darrow, Nancy Hardy, Genevieve Hochwarter, Karen Hutchings, Ron Mangold, Stevie Massie, Marsha Natkins, Shirley Nowak, Jackie Pollack, Janis Ruffino, Judy Schrader, Marge Smith, Reta Stohs, Judy Wojtyek. Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Circulation and Outreach Services
Pamela welcomed everyone to the meeting at 11:00 a.m. followed by a sharing of what was happening in everyone’s life during this time of staying apart.
The minutes from the September meeting were reviewed. Reta Stohs moved to accept the minutes, Shirley Nowak seconded, the motion carried.
Current balance is $4985.70 plus the $120,000 CD.
Income: Membership, $221.87; Donations, $430; Memorial, $100; Corner Books, $1701.39; Holiday Baskets, $415.75. Expenses: Hosting Website fee, $233.33.
What are we doing?
- ZOOM Board meetings
- Emails to Friends
- ZOOM General meetings—need ideas for future meetings
- Corner Books
- There will be only 5 Holiday Baskets in this year’s raffle. They will be located on the shelf above Circulation. Patrons will be encouraged to mail-in or use credit card online to purchase tickets. A form is being created to order tickets. Winning tickets will be drawn at the December ZOOM meeting.
- Cash Basket
- Lottery Tree Basket
- Grocery Gift Card Basket
- Nintendo Switch game Basket
- Stay at Home Activities Basket
- National Day of Giving, December 1, will be promoted through The Whole Story and mailings.
Pamela shared a video promoting the Library created by Doug Cataldo for the Sun City Showcase.
The Library is now open regular hours. Materials when they are returned to the Library are in quarantine for 7 days. Late fees are no longer being charged. The building program will be entering Phase 2 in late February the Library will be closed for a few weeks to move everything from the original building into the addition. The temporary entrance will be on the east. The Book Drop will no longer be available. The building program will be completed in November of 2021.
Those attending this meeting can pick up Friends baseball caps in the Volunteer Office.
Next meeting, November 20, 11:00 a.m.
The meeting closed at 11:40 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Marjorie Smith