HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
September 16, 2022
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in Program Room 2
Those in attendance: Len Bannon, Sandy Bannon, Tom Bacheller, Barb Conley, Tom L. Conley, Connie Corwin, Pat Darrow, Carol David, Bette Freund, Nancy Hardy, Genevieve Hochwarter, Charleen Kelly, Bert Knierim, Jeannette Lohan, Debbie Luetscher, Candace Maloney, Michele May, Marsha Natkins, Shirley Nowak, Sharon Peacock, Judy Perry, Janis Ruffino, Helen Ruth, Mary Ann Schoopen, Marge Smith, Penny Thoma, Pat Totman Staff: Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Programming and Outreach; Nancy Bacheller, Local History Associate
At 11:03, Pamela Kampwerth called the meeting to order and introduced the program: “Thomas and Charles Huntley” by Nancy Bacheller, Local History Associate
Connie Corwin moved that the July minutes be accepted Carol David, seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
The treasurer’s report showed a balance of $37,400.74. Janis Ruffino moved the statement be accepted, Nancy Hardy seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
- President – Genevieve Hochwarter
- VP – Janis Ruffino
- Secretary Marge Smith
- Treasurer – Carol David
- At large – Connie Corwin, Nancy Hardy, Shirley Nowak, and Reta Stohs
Michele May moved that the slate of officers be approved, Pat Darrow seconded, the motion passed.
- Fall Fest Book Sale: September 23, 24, 25; still need volunteers
- Culver’s Fundraising Night – Monday, October 10, 4 to 8 p.m.; need runners
- Holiday Baskets Committee – next meeting is Friday, October 7, 11:00 a.m. at the library; Dear Neighbor letter will go out next week and so will the solicitation for $5 donation from Friends
Pamela demonstrated how to sign up for meetings and other programs at the library
- October 21, 11:30 a.m.: Annual Luncheon at Boulder Ridge, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tickets: $35; Cash & check – pay at the Information Desk; credit card – register and pay online
- November 18, 11:00 a.m., Program: Turkey Trivia with prizes, Holiday Basket Preview, TWO free basket tickets for attending
- December 9, 11:00 a.m., Program: “Christmas Markets of Prague and Germany” and holiday basket drawing
Pat Darrow moved the meeting adjourn, Shirley seconded, the meeting adjourned at 11:53.