HAPLD FRIENDS FOUNDATION
General Meeting March 17, 2022
The HAPLD Friends Foundation members met in Program Room 2
Those in attendance: Francesca Collette, Pat Darrow, Carol David, Deanna Engelke, Nancy Hall, Nancy Hardy, Charleen Kelly, Joan Longmire, Michele May, Marsha Natkins, Shirley Nowak, Janis Ruffino, Susan Schwartz, Marge Smith, Penny Thoma, Pat Totman, Nicki Troia, and James Zdeb
Staff: Pamela Kampwerth, Head of Programming and Outreach; Frank Novak, Library Director
Vice President, Janis Ruffino called the meeting to order at 11:00.
Library Director, Frank Novak presented a library update.
- A new water heater has been installed.
- A monument sign will be installed this Spring at the corner of Ruth and Main Streets, $93,000.
- The Board will prepare a new Strategy Plan. They will be taking a community survey to help in the development of the plan.
- The library made the cover of the Illinois Library Association magazine.
- The land behind the library was deemed too small for a dog park. Other options will be explored. Until then it may be used for library activities.
- Programing at the library is steadily increasing.
- Small government bodies need to form a Decennial Committee to study local efficiencies.
Shirley Nowak moved that the December minutes be accepted, Carol David seconded, the motion passed unanimously. Marge Smith read a letter from the Library thanking the Friends for its donation of $2955 to support the summer reading program and the Very Merry Huntley program.
The treasurer’s report showed a balance of $56,541.08. Carol David pointed out that the Jewelry Sale brought in almost $900 and the Book Sale over $1900.
Culver’s Fundraising Night: Monday, March 27 from 4 to 8 p.m. Volunteers still needed.
Remember to register for all meetings. Pamela demonstrated how to register online.
April 21: Program by Kathleen Carr of the Growing Scene, Inc.—”Watering Plants”
May 10: Fundraising breakfast at Boulder Ridge Country Club. Program: “The Sun King: Louis XIV of France” Tickets go on sale April 1.
June 16, 6 to 7 p.m.: Program by Debra Ann Miller “Nellie Bly”
Library Bingo Game
Pat Totman moved the meeting adjourn, Michele May seconded, the motion passed unanimously.